Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mom 4 Real: Make A Puppet Theater From a Pallet

I have had two pallets sitting on the side of my house for two months.  I have one project in mind, but this one popped in my head this weekend, and I decided to jump in and just do it.  I was staring at the pallets leaning up against the house, and thought hmmm...what if I popped a couple of boards out so you could see through them, like a window.  Then I thought about how that window would be the perfect size for Kate to look through, and it hit me like a ton of bricks!  She has always wanted to have a puppet theater, so I grabbed the pallet and got to work so I could surprise her when she got home from school.  Here is how I did it...

The first thing I did was pop off the second and third boards down, creating a little window.

Next, I painted the rest of the pallet a beachy blue...which I have been in love with lately.

1.  I had these cute curtains left from my kitchen years ago.  So, I strung them on a rod, screwed a hook in each side below the window, and popped the curtain rod on them.

2.  I painted a board that I had in my garage with chalkboard paint and nailed it to the top slat so Kate could write her show times and whatever she likes.

3.  I took a large shelf that used to be in my craft room and screwed it onto the top, creating a canopy...I think it just really makes it look like a real theater.

4.  I added a tip bucket to the one side for fun, then decided it didn't look balanced and added a potted geranium to the other side.


This was so much fun to make, and she adores it!  I plopped it down right in the middle of my garden...it fits in perfectly!  

I love it...absolutely one of my favorite projects...EVER!

0 comments:

Post a Comment