Monday, April 16, 2012

Stilettos and Diapers: Pallet Herb Garden

Over the weekend, we finally cleaned out my little garden area and this is the finished product! It was a combo of Pinterest inspiration, of course. Here and here
Photobucket

If you remember from last week's outfit post, this was what remained of last year's garden.

Plus a little liquid motivation.

Photobucket

I started at Lowes, where I asked in the garden department for a pallet. 

Photobucket

I planted 5 different herbs and some flowers in 6" terra cotta pots.

Photobucket

Then, I dug out all the old soil, replaced it and buried the pallet a bit.

Photobucket

Hubs then screwed hose clamps (plumbing section) into the pallet in varying heights.  

Photobucket

The potted herbs hang perfectly and are labeled with wine corks.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

On the ground, I have a hosta to grow up and cover the brick along the back wall, then squash and strawberries planted in front. I also planted a compact tomato plant in a pot. We have deer that won't cross the patio, but will eat all these veggies if I plant them in the actual yard!

Photobucket

It was about 80 yesterday, so Callan napped in the buff while I worked. Naked baby rolls are so sweet!


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment