Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pallet Wood Word Wall Art |

Now that’s a mouth full. ;)

Hey hey! How are you? Are you superstitious? Does this Friday the 13th thing mean anything to you? My husband and I actually moved in together on a Friday the 13th so I tend to be pretty fond of them. But a new piece of homemade decor with a few positive thoughts can’t hurt, right?!

I was actually lucky enough to guest post over at Between U & Me twice this week!  I gave a tutorial on how to make a Faux Anthro Zinc Letter here.  And, I made it all from scratch, letter out of cardboard box and all!

And this, my friends, is the second project.  It’s so great to have Courtney’s readers visiting again.  Please make yourself at home.  Did you happen to come by on Wednesday to see my little B post and let me know you were here?  It would be great if you did.

And, have you all checked out the announcement I made on Monday?  We have had an AWESOME response to the Impossibilities Challenge.  What is your impossible?

Did anyone notice that Sherry from Young House Love even took the time to comment on my intro post?  I officially have a YHL crush, and it’s not on John.  ;)  Weekly challenge updates are coming starting Monday so please come back to check them out.

That has me thinking, this pallet piece is 7 different pieces of wood, all hanging from one screw…does it qualify as a gallery wall?  Yeah, I didn’t think so.  If this doesn’t make sense, check out my impossible challenge here.  :)

Anyway, I took her from this:

To this:

Find out all of the nitty gritty details over at Courtney’s blog Between U & Me.

She came out beautifully rustic, I think. I like the addition of the wire, albeit, not too much wire. I like the grey of the wood and the cream color of the paint. I just mixed a few paint colors I had together. It’s very similar to the color I used to paint the words on my Mapped Dresser.

Not bad, a pretty good sized art piece for about $2, and if you already have stencils or are crafty enough to freehand the wording, this baby is totally FREE. :)

I’m in love. You?

And, of course, don’t forget about the Imagine the Impossibilities Challenge.  Have you signed up yet?

Update:  I posted my first challenge update post here.

the space between

I am sharing this project here, here, here and here. Check ‘em out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'm Karah, a small town girl from the North East who finds herself renting a house on a Caribbean island after owning and renovating 3 1/2 homes in different US cities over the course of 8 years. I will literally try anything (pallet word art, hutch turned tv stand, wedding card ornament, driftwood Christmas tree) to make the most of the space I find myself in. That little space between what has been and what will be. It'd be so cool if you'd like to join me as I DIY my way through an adventurous life with the ones I love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment