Sunday, April 15, 2012

Recycled Pallet Furniture: Take 2 | Practical Enrichment

I’ve posted before about Recycled Pallet Furniture, and I just keep seeing more and more awesome Ideas that I want to share. I also wanted to re-share the facts: that I thought these little wood platforms were re-used by companies over and over again, but little did I know, at least 150,000 of them are thrown into a landfill each year. Some are made of wood that are hard to work with, but some are made of good old fashioned oak. You can get tools to pull apart the pallets specially, like a large crowbar, or you can get a Sawzall and saw it apart nail by nail.

This outdoor table was simple, made with 2 fully assembled pallets, stained, and some casters were added.

I love this “love” headboard from Little Inspiration’s website. It seems simple too. Cut to size, attach along the back with vertical strips of the pallet, attach brackets for the wall, and paing saying of your choice to the front. I suggest purchasing a hand sander for this one.

This little cat bed is adorable. You can make a little dog bed too.

There is plenty of room for magazines (and oh, I have plenty) in this coffee table.

This cushioned and painted pallet ottoman from Apartment Therapy isn’t too shabby.

What? Wow. This would take a little more work, but it’s awesome.

 I can see this bike rack working in the right kind of Urban apartment.

This is definitely an interesting application for wood pallets.

This movie theater setting for pallets is pretty awesome. I couldn’t find the link from Pinterest, just the picture. I’m guessing you would need 12 pallets, a bunch of futon mattresses, white paint, long screws, and tons of pillows.

Why not take some old pallets and turn it into a cool piece of wall art?

Next time you see a pallet on the side of the road, think twice, and create something awesome!

Happy Upcycling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment