Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pallet State Love

We are excited to share the tutorial for our Pallet State Love project in collaboration with our talented team of crafters at The Creative Carousel, {more on that in a bit!}

Pin It

But first, the tut!

Everything was on hand either lying around in the garage or from our craft stash... no outta pocket cost.  

Lve that :)  

I'm probably the last person to create pallet art but in case you're new to it like me {and haven't seen our bff Katie @ Sweet Rose Studio's gorgeous pallet love}, let's get started: 
 

1. Lay 4-2x4's (approx. 14" long each) flat on the ground.

2.  Grab 2 extra scrap pieces of wood (just long enough to nail onto,) a hammer and a handful (10-12) of nails.

3. Hammer away until the newly created pallet is sturdy.  Easy peasy!

Now to paint:

1. Acrylic paints & foam brush.  2. Brown base coat.  3. Gray top coat.  4. Cut vinyl lettering out, (I designed mine with our vinyl cutter,) and place on pallet where desired.  5. Lightly brush on paint, (I used 3 colors: state- white, heart- pink and quote- robin egg blue.)  6. Lightly sand if you like the shabby look... I personally love how the brown base coat pulled through!

And that's it:

I know our Valentine decor is more of a year-round display BUT, I recently moved 3 hours away from my entire family and this is a good reminder for me to see each day in my home that my heart is where I currently am... with my sweet husband and adorable chubby toddler :)

 _____________________________________

Okay, back to The Creative Carousel....

check out these sites for more DIY's on some darn cute love projects



1. Felt Valentine Banner by Creations by Kara  
2. Valentine Treat Tags by Lil' Luna  
3. Valentine Chair Pouch by Oopsie Daisy  

4. Yours truly ;)  

5. Personalized Valentine CD's by Every Creative Endeavor 
As if 5 fresh Valentine tutorials aren't enough, The Creative Carousel isn't complete without a BIG giveaway!  You won't want to miss out on all the crafting goodies so head on over and enter to win some  by these uh-may-zing sponsors:

0 comments:

Post a Comment