Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Survival Forums SHTF Preparedness - Pallet gardening


The wife found this somwhere. Thought it looked like a good idea. She is going to try it this summer. Me I am gone working spring through fall or I would be a master gardener.
Sorry I can't upload the picture but here is the description.

Quote/
Got Pallets?
Hate weeding?
Dont feel like turning up a bunch of grass?
Use a pallet as a garden bed - staple garden cloth on the backside of the pallet fill with dirt and start growing!
You can also place your pallet on the ground in a rocky location rather than a grassy area, this way you will not need the garden cloth to stop the weeds and grass comin through.
Please be advised: Use raw wood pallets!
Some that are shipped overseas may contain chemicals. Where I am from most are from raw wood - not saying that everywhere is!
And for those of you that don't know where to get pallets - look in industrail areas, hardware stores etc.
Please if you have any questions - there are many links below and so much information provided by every one and their comments!
This was just an idea - some inspiration for everyone.
Enjoy!

By: Backyard Diva /Quote

In the picture it shows rows of vegetables between the boards of the pallet. By having the board between the rows it will help keep the weeds down and give you a place to rest your knee or foot. I hope this is clear enough to visualize. I think it is an excellent idea. Once again sorry I can't make the picture work. I will try to find another.

0 comments:

Post a Comment